Made to Measure School from September 2017
Come and join our wonderful one-day school on Thursdays.
The students self-direct their way through our unique educational programme that integrates the mind and body into an interconnected, creative world of study.
With each child and parent we agree a personalised learning plan to determine how the student prefers to study inside and outside of the classroom.
- All of our bespoke cross-subject topics prepare students for GCSEs.
- Children are taught in one group of Key stage 3, aged between 9 and 13.
- All of our teachers are highly-qualified, creative professionals. They are very experienced with taking children from KS3 up to GCSEs and beyond.
- Students do daily of yoga and meditation to enhance the capcity for learning and self-management.
- Students participate in the democractic meetings, learning to find their voice and make decisions collectively.
- The school day follows the timetable below, every Thursday.
- Individually tailored tutoring hours are available on other days.
- Students can be set homework. This is agreed between teachers, students and parents as part of a personalised learning plan. It is up to the students to do it, there is no sanction if they don’t.
- Parents can take holidays with their children whenever they want.
- Students can join the group at any time and will be charged pro-rata for the term (from when they join until the end of that term).
- A school camp will be scheduled in July 2018 for those who wish to come along.
- Fees for 2017-18.
The School Day
8:30 Register. PE inc Yoga* +Meditation
9:30 Cross-curricular topic** (CCT)
11:30 School Democratic Meeting
3:40 Reflection + preparation for the following day.
* Yoga is a shorthand for any physical activity that is done mindfully so it could be martial arts, tai chi, capoeira, sports etc…
** Cross curricular topics last one half term so there will be 6 in total over the first year. They will blend English Literature, Science, History, Geography, Art, RE, Philosophy + Ethics, Citizenship, Music, Dance, Languages, ICT, Photography, Film-making, Presentation skills.
Like what you see but we are too far away from you? We can also come and set up a one day a school in your area. Contact us for more details
An example of a Cross Curricular Topic
Sugar and Slavery
Science: carbohydrates, proteins, fats. Molecules. The digestive system.
PSHE: addictions, health effects.
History: slave trade and linking sugar addiction and consumption to driving the
Music: the music of the slaves and its connection to rock and roll, soul, gospel, jazz and R&B
Human geography: economics of sugar and the processed food industry
Visit: The Tate Gallery Liverpool and Liverpool International Slavery Museum.
Art: represent what you have learnt and what it means to you.
To register for a an open morning see below:
Powered by WPeMatico